Re: Windshield woes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield woes
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:58:56 -0400
Barry writes...

Snip!

>Anybody else have any serious problems with installation and breakage of
>their Triplex windscreens?

Hmmm...  Now I've had exactly the opposite problem with brand X
replacement windscreen and gasket.  Got these a few years back from
the now defunct SICP in RI.  The windscreen was too small to fully
expand the gasket.  As installed, <professionally> the outer gasket
lip would fail to cover the well and curl back in.  At first the
installer though by car had been in an accident but the problem was
uniform around the perimeter.  I've yet to determine if the problem is
with the glass or the seal.

While this has little bearing on your Triplex fit problems it might be
interesting to exchange dimensions.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley '74 Spit