Re: Rear spring modification.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear spring modification.
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:20:35 -0400
I did a 2-2.5-3-4-5 conversion a few years back.
I discarded the top leaf and had the spring shop make me a new second
leaf at a length between former 2&3.   I chose not to re-arch but
rather swapped in a used unit that had less wear then my original.
New buttons, bushings, etc.

The car sat tail high for the first few weeks and then settled in.
There was zero camber for the first year.  5 years later some negative
camber has been restored but I'd guess it still squats less than the
typical late squaretail.  I detected no difference in ride but then
spits aren't exactly buick roadmasters to begin with. :-)

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley