First run for 12 years...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: First run for 12 years...
From: <simon.halliwell@consignia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:37:00 +0000
Hi all,

Just had to share with you the satisfaction I had at the weekend taking my 1967
Mk3 out for it's maiden run following a complete restore.  I acquired the car in
early 1999 after it had spent 10years rotting in a barn, two (and a bit) years
later it's about finished.  I still need to fit all the bumpers and the soft top
but the sun was out and I couldn't resist a test run.
The car went well considering I haven't set things up properly yet, the steering
/ tracking is probably a little out, the mixture is rich but all the stuff you
can't test in the garage appears to work ok - overdrive, brakes etc..
The only problem I had was fuel starvation at higher speed (60mph), I have a
clear fuel filter on the fuel tank end of the fuel pipe and it was empty when
the engine cut out.  It slowly filled up as I watched it - my first thought was
some sort of blockage in the tank feed but I'm beginning to suspect the fuel
pump is not 'sucking' as hard as it's 'pushing', does anyone have any thoughts
on the subject?
Overall a good day, now I can get the car tested with some degree of confidence
once the bumpers are on.

Simon.
1967 Mk3 Spitfire (Mrs. Miggins)

This  email  and any attachments are confidential and intended for the addressee
only.   If  you  are  not  the  named  recipient,  you  must  not use, disclose,
reproduce,  copy  or distribute the contents of this communication.  If you have
received  this  in  error,  please contact the sender and then delete this email
from your system.