Re: Last Night

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Last Night
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 06:47:16 +0100
In article <002901c0f31f$c0aef0c0$5c9b403e@zebu>, Graham Stretch
<technical@iwnet.screaming.net> writes
>Hi Mike
>I wish some of our club meetings were so well attended, though I suspect we
>may well get a higher percentage turn out as we have less members!

I've no idea how many Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire members of the TSSC
there are, but we had, I think, ten members in their cars, and another
couple of members whose cars are not currently roadworthy turn up on
Monday night.

>You do realise if you remember your camera it will be the worst turn out of
>the year don't you!

Naturally. :-)

>The above assumption is made based on your recent luck with Carly! I hope
>thing see an up turn soon, or you will think you have a money pit, though I
>fear the blue may well be an indication of something sinister wrong with the
>engine, I would start looking for a s/h engine to fit either rebuilt or
>whilst you rebuild the original!

That is my fear as well, but every time I decide that I really should
start looking for one, the blue smoke goes away.   Yesterday's drives to
and from work saw a puff of smoke only once, and that very thin.   If
she was smoking like crazy all the time, I'd be forced to admit that she
needed major work.   As she only smokes occasionally, I keep hoping that
the build up of carbon in the engine is beginning to seal the rings (or
whatever it is that is wrong with it).   She has only done 400 miles
since the head gasket blew, and is presumably still fairly clean in
there...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"