Re: front lower trunnion kits for a Spit

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: front lower trunnion kits for a Spit
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:21:14 -0400
That's one of the reasons I've come to like Spitbits, the prices.  The quality
on the few items I've actually ordered has been superb.

Fwiw, I've got the white nylon type in my car, it's been there several years
now, and seems to be doing fine.  No detectable play, but I haven't torn it
down again to inspect it.  I think it's a unipart kit (orange box).

If you really want to go bonkers and make the ultimate in precision, you can
use motor bushings.  Then you'll have the oil impregnated bronze which is very
precise, self lubricating, and low on wear.

>>> "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com> 06/11 3:41 PM >>>
Well Moss sells a kit for $19.95 (p/n 661-485)
called a 'minor rebuild kit'

Spit bits only wants $8.25 for a similar kit.

So who's is a better unit? or is Moss just gouging?

I know some of the kits have white nylon?/delrin/
bushes while others are gray plastic looking units.