Re: How to find "top dead center"?

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to find "top dead center"?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:26:30 +0100
Hi Mike
Just got to this, looked and couldn't see any replies, on the six 1+6 are at
tdc, then 2+5 120 deg later then 3+4 120 deg after that, if you stick to
looking at the rockers for the pair on the rock, the cylinder the same
distance from the middle of the engine i.e. the division between 3 and 4
will be the one to test. I find that the easiest way to look at the thing is
like having a mirror in the middle of the engine, treat the valve or the
cylinder that is where the reflection should be!

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon