RE: spitfires-digest V1 #997

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: spitfires-digest V1 #997
From: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:55:33 -0400
Dave,

Originally, your car came with an EID or CEI distributor.  I've got a couple
of distributors lying around in my garage.  One is an EID distributor which
came with a Crane ignition replacement.  I also have an extra Lucus 25D
distributor which is what I'm using in my '76 Spit.  (Got my '76 started for
the first time a month ago).  I'll leave it to the list members to provide
technical advice on which system to go with, but I recall some discussion
that some late distributors (like EID or CEI) retard for emission purposes
whereas older ones had advance...    I believe the 25D are from the MG
Midgets or older spitfires(?).

BTW, my 25D has points now, but yesterday I received my PerTronix Ignitor
and new chrome coil.  I'm looking forward to putting that in my 25D!

Ward