Stainless Steel Brake Lines

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Stainless Steel Brake Lines
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 21:31:28 -0700
Just learned an interesting tidbit about brake lines I didn't know about
stainless steel.  Normal mild steel brake lines are double flared at 45
degrees at the ends for sealing.  Stainless steel lines are too hard for
that and if you try to double flare them, it will split.  Instead they are
single flared and at a special 37 degrees unique to stainless steel brake
lines.  This requires special fittings as well, so if you're buying SS
lines, buy all the necessary connectors as well from them.

-Vegaman Dan
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |