Suspension bushings

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suspension bushings
From: "Frank Drummond" <frandrum@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:05:56 -0400
Hi Listers,

Well there's nothing to look at from the firewall forward in the 72 MK IV
except the frame.

That is if you discount the front half of the driver's side upper wishbone.  I
can't get the bolt out that holds it to the pedestal bracket.  Apparently the
bolt is rusted fast to the metal inner sleeve of the bushing.When I try to
pound it out the rubber of the bushing acts like a shock absorber and nothing
gets accomplished.

I doubt that I am the firstto face this problem.  Sure would appreciate you
sharing the secret for breaking it free.  I guess one option is to get a
hacksaw blade and cut through the bolt on both ends on the inner side of the
riser but that looks like a formidable task.

HELP!

Thank You, One and All,
Frank D.