transmission mystery part

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: transmission mystery part
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:30:57 -0700 (PDT)
I am in need of a part for a late model OD
transmission. The part is a "Pin-Gear Control"
pictured on VB's SG.32 catalog page 114 item #13
($2.09). It looks as though it needs to protrude in
both directions on one side to keep the shift lever
from rotating within the housing, as well as extend
outside so that Spring retaining cup (item #10 same
page) has a pin to hook onto.

I want to replace a couple of the gaskets that
evididently weren't replaced in the rebuild several
years ago, anyhow. But I'll be pretty peeved if it
turns out that I paid $2-$3 for a roll pin that I
could have picked-up for a quarter at a hardware
store.

-Terry
'76 spitfire 1500
Maryland