Herald brakes:

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Herald brakes:
From: MICHAEL HANSEN <MHANSEN@Selma.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:47:35 -0700
This is my first project car.  '63 Herald.  Why Herald and not Bob or Joe or
Juanita?  Anyway- it is missing a break drum to start with.
Question:
        1. Are the front and rear drums the same size,  and is there a Spit
drum that               will fit the Herald.
        2. Spit brake master cylinder to fit?
        3. Spit wheel brake cylinders to fit?
        4.  Is there a good cross reference manual or catalogs?
        5.  Where do I locate a shop manual?  I tried book stores for Haynes
and the                 like.

This stuff will get it loosely on the road. Steering needs some work. Engine
has been swapped out for a Datsun 1200cc.  Easy to get parts for at least.
Body is in great shape one little ding on the front corner of the hood.  A
little rust in the spare tire cavity.  All the rubber needs replaced
especially those white bumper trims (yuck).  Chassis is strong and has not
been bent.  Interior??  Someone did a very interesting interpretation of
upholstery work and shag carpet. Top is trash, although it is doing a good
job of holding up the blue tarp which is now covering up the car.  Dash is
thrashed but parts are basically intact.  I am a wood shop teacher and
hobbiest so this will be fun, maybe even the door panels in wood also.

Thanks,
Mike
Reedley, CA