Re: Correct mirror for a 70 spit

To: "Chuck Pedretti" <chuckp@magenic.com>,
Subject: Re: Correct mirror for a 70 spit
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:32:46 -0700
Chuck,

Spitfire M3's were fitted with a variety of mirrors through the production
range from what I can gather.  I've heard as many as 14 or more different
styles!!  I've never seen one like the one you have now, but the Mk3's were
typically simple, flat, 4" round chrome mirrors with a three or four inch
base.  Usually just one on the driver's door for the outside.  But again,
there were many styles and makers used, I believe.  I could be wrong.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi