Re: Reverse light on dash

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse light on dash
From: "Dr. Faustus" <dr_faustus@pcisys.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 03:28:36 -0600
At 09:54 AM 5/30/01 -0400, Nolan Penney wrote:
>Don't feel too bad.  When I bought my first Spitfire I had to call the
previous owner up and ask him where on earth reverse was.  I couldn't find
it by myself.  Who ever heard of up and forward for reverse?!

Having learned to drive with a chevette and VW's, I was quite surprised to
find cars that didn't operate in this fashion.  In fact I've only owned on
car that wasn't this way, an 82 Honda Prelude.  Of course I'm young (24)
and have only owned seven cars... (Six really, I don't own my company
minivan) Only one of my two chevettes and my current daily driver minivan
have been automatics.

My spit no longer requires a press down to enter reverse.  I was going
through the yearly inspection and the "mechanic" somehow broke that
feature.  I figured I'd be safe since he drove a sprite!  It'll be fixed
once I get time to drop the newly aquired OD tranny in though.

Andy L.