Re: Reverse light on dash

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse light on dash
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:54:28 -0400
Don't feel too bad.  When I bought my first Spitfire I had to call the previous
owner up and ask him where on earth reverse was.  I couldn't find it by myself.
 Who ever heard of up and forward for reverse?!

I find the shifters on Spitfire transmissions to be precise and clear.  So if
you cannot feel where you are "stirring the stick", you might need new bushings
in the linkage of the shifter.

Regardless of all that, I think your dash light idea is perfectly good.

>>> Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com> 05/30 9:21 AM >>>
Here's a really silly idea, but my wife and I have a heck of a time figuring
out when the car has actually gone into reverse, or if it's in 1st - start
laughing now.  I was thinking about tapping into the reverse light circuit
and putting a small indicator on the dash - or just disconnecting the silly
brake failure light (like I need a light to tell me when the brakes aren't
working;)