Re: When it rains, it pours...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: When it rains, it pours...
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 06:50:06 +0100
In article <20010530163659968.AAA141@mail.141.com>, Laura Gharazeddine
<Laura.G@141.com> writes
>Nigel is keeping his Memorial Day tradition of having something break for this
>holiday. In '98 it was the starter motor. I can't remember what it was in
>'99-but I was getting ready to move and he gave me trouble (and then got
>vandalized). '00-that was the summer of the Great Differential Debacle. So,
>true
>to form Memorial Day 2001 not only am I moving but Nigel is giving me a
>two-fer!
>(Like a bonus?)

I'm sorry to hear about Nigel's latest calamity.  Hope he treats you a
bit more fairly in future.   Best of luck with your move.

Carly's latest trick is blowing pale blue smoke. :-(   I immediately
started thinking about piston ring replacement, and honing of cylinder
bores, but my mechanic (bless him) has instead suggested thicker oil!
For the moment I've stuck in some additive, and will see how we get on,
but can anyone confirm or debunk the idea that 15W40 is too thin for
summer driving?   The manual seems to suggest that it should be OK,
but...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"