At least there's a reason!

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: At least there's a reason!
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 20:36:50 -0500
Greetings, Fellow Listers,

I finally got the engine pulled out of Rip Van Spitfire today.  It only took
about half the time of my previous engine pulling extravaganza.  It's amazing
what a little practice can do!  Tear down is proceeding much more quickly
also.  I did determine why I had no compression in #4 - hole in one of the
valves.  A little more tearing down on Monday, and Tuesday I'm off to the
engine builder.  Hopefully in a couple more weeks I'll have an engine to drop
into Frankenspit.  While that is happening, I'll continue on to the front
suspension.  Lots to do, but I'm having a gas!

BillG
Rip Van Spitfire - '73 currently a parts donor
Frankenspit - '74 the recipient of said donor
Dorian "Primer" Grey  - '71 GT6 long term project.