Re: Anyone have a bonnet?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone have a bonnet?
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 19:43:16 -0600
His insurance is going to pay.  There just aren't too many undamaged Mk1
bonnets in Utah.  It took me months to find the one that just got crushed.
And if a new bonnet is available, I have a feeling that the insurance would
total the car before they would pay for a new one plus shipping.  The only
new one I can find is a 1500 bonnet from VB for $1300. Assuming about the
same price for a new Mk1 bonnet, shipping, plus a radiator, fan, grill, head
light assemblies, bumper, all the other little bits and the price of labor
and paint, and I'm pretty sure the car will be totaled.  The car is probably
not worth more than a couple thousand dollars. Total may be a good thing if
I could buy it back for a minimal price, collect the money and fix it
myself.
MikeC

> Mike;
> I agree with Jeff. The truck's owner must pay to restore your car as it
was.
> He screwed up, not you.
> Good luck,
> ATB;