Re: Anyone have a bonnet?

To: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone have a bonnet?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:16:18 -0700
Mike,

Forgive me for asking, but if this guy has insurance, why are you shopping
for a used bonnet when you can get the new replacement panels you need on
his dime?  They're available from VB or Spitbits.  Rimmers can ship the
entire steel bonnet assembly!  I'd go to a competent body shop that has
experience with LBCs and have them draw up a quote based on what you need
and have the insurance company pay for the damage like they're supposed to.

Cio for now,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi