Re: Oil Filter Spin-On

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Spin-On
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:59:37 +0100
Hi Andre
You can get a spin on oil filter conversion for the Triumph six cylinder
engine easily here in the UK. I guess the big three over there probably sell
the same thing. The only thing I don't know is whether there are any other
components (steering?) in the way on a lhd car. also on the GT6 I believe
the chassis prevents the adaptor being hung vertically down, I think the
best is about 45 deg to rear, so it pays to get a filter with a non drain
valve, similar to that which should be used on the Spit.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon