Forwarded message

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded message
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:48:08 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than spitfires@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:55:10 +0100 (BST)
     From: goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk
     Subject: Re: spitfires-digest V1 #976

I have found that my spit ('77 1500) feels a lot more skittish since I
have taken the hard top off and put the soft top on.  I drove on the
motorway last weekend with the top down, and that was a bit hairy,
although last time I drove on the motorway (with hardtop) the car felt a
lot more solid and much less likely to take off or change direction when
I hit a bump in the road.  I guess that a fair bit of road-holding
ability comes from the chassis rigidity, of which the hardtop contributes
to a fair bit I'd say...

In this months TSSC courier magazine there was an article about making an
air dam for the front of the spit, I wonder how much this would improve
the handling?  Have any of you made an air dam for your Spit?

On the local news last night there was a feature about a kit car that
some bloke built that could do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, and go faster than a
formula 1 car!  They didn't give any details about the car, although it
looked a bit like a Caterham 7, talking of which I saw one the other day.
 I think I'll buy one when I'm rich and famous...

cheers
John
http://www.spit1500.co.uk/

///