Re: Choke cable for SU conversion

To: "Howard.Allen" <Howard.Allen@fairchildsemi.com>,
Subject: Re: Choke cable for SU conversion
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 16 May 2001 11:52:54 -0500
Howard,

I guess if TRF have decided to simplify their stock by only stocking one
 variant of choke cable, they should have gone with the longest so that it
 would work for everyone.  Then again, just because this is logical doesn't
 necessarily mean that is what they have done (no disrespect intended to TRF, I
 know nothing about them personally and have nothing against them, I am just
 naturally sceptical!).  I would measure your existing one, guess how much
 extra you need, and then ask TRF exactly how long the one they have is.

Failing that, get one from Rimmers in the UK and it should be long enough
 (designed for European LHD cars with SUs) AND the right style for 1500s (did
 the knob style change ever?) - but check with them, don't take my word for it!

Richard & Daffy

///