Re: Weber DGV - Performance Question

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV - Performance Question
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:44:09 -0400
Hi Scott,

Idling at 700-800 is good. That is where mine sits now.

I doubt you have a vacuum leak or air flow problem. You can always plug the
vacuum port on the intake and test it like that, tolerating the oil splatter
during the test. That will prove out that part of the change.

Just put the old plugs back in and test drive it. If you are using stock
ignition, 27 thou shouldn't make much difference. Also check the timing, but if
you haven't moved the distributor, this shouldn't be a factor.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com

HD883HUGGR@aol.com wrote:

> Hi List.  Before I begin whining, I just want to report that I performed the
> patented Vic Whitmore Maneuver on Hobbs -- drilled & tapped the Cannon
> intake, screwed in a brass nipple, & attached a hose from the VC to the
> nipple with an inline PCV valve.  Thus far all seems to be well, and I'm not
> getting the dreaded oil-from-the-dipstick-tube anymore.
>     Now the bad news: Since I was jazzed and had an entire morning to myself,
> I also replaced a fried starter, changed the oil, and dropped in new
> Splitfire spark plugs, gapped to .027.   On the initial test drive all seemed
> peachy, but after a spirited cruise last night I became aware that my hot
> idle seems to have dropped to about 700-800 rpm and, while Hobbs is running
> like a cat within his power band, he seems to have little power at lower rpms
> and so I have to rev a bit in order to keep from stalling when accelerating
> from a dead stop.

///