Re: Rust prevention in the wishbone frame?

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rust prevention in the wishbone frame?
From: Dean Rayner <dean_rayner@mac.com>
Date: 15 May 2001 17:49:16 +0100
On Tuesday, May 15, 2001 4:47 pm, Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou
<doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:

>At 09:07 AM 5/15/01 , Howard Allen wrote:
>>... if Triumph used any rust
>>preventative coatings on the metal (like galvanized steel) of the
>>frame?
>
>I very much doubt they did anything like that.
>The engineering for rust prevention seems even worse than
>most cars of the era.  (And most were pretty bad in this
>regard.)

Hi list,

I have just acquired a 1963 Herald with an amazing history file. Every invoice,
MOT and receipt from 2001 back to 1966.

In one of the letters to Standard Triumph in 1966, the owner complains about an
outrigger failing the MOT after only 3 years of use in London.  The Standard
Triumph reply is to take it to an approved dealer for replacement. We don't
recommend repairs!!!!!

another classic from the file is this small note:-

"Drivers door jammed...

Door adjused and lubricated by garage.

Drivers door jammed again!!!"

More later as I discover them.