Spitfire: To buy or not to buy...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire: To buy or not to buy...
From: "David Page" <dcpage@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:14:07 -0700
Hi-

This is my first post to this list, and I know very little about
Triumphs, so I hope you'll all be patient with me. I'm considering
the purchase of a 75 Spitfire. Seems to be in great shape, current
owner has had it for 15 years, no rust, runs well, has many new
parts, etc. He's asking $3200 for it, but he might take less.

I understand Triumphs are not famous for being ultra-reliable,
but I would plan on driving it several days a week (in the warm
months), mostly short distances. I'm fairly handy with a wrench
(have to be with two Land Cruisers), so I don't mind working
on it.

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy this car? Thanks for any
advice.

Cheers,
David

Portland, Maine