Re: LRP in UK

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LRP in UK
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 03:30:14 -0400
Michael Hargreave Mawson asked:

> For those of us who live in UK, and whose Spitfires have not been
> converted to unleaded, obtaining decent fuel is a major issue.   I
> gather that there is no overall standard for Lead Replacement Petrol
> (LRP), and that the different manufacturers each do their own thing.
While not living in the UK, ISTR that Practical Classics magazine did an
article on LRP a couple of years back when the loss of leaded was a concern.
I believe they also cautioned against the use of different brands of
LRP...in other words, pick one and stay with it. Different brands may use
different main additives and these do not mix and match well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /