LRP in UK

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: LRP in UK
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 08:02:23 +0100
Dear All,

For those of us who live in UK, and whose Spitfires have not been
converted to unleaded, obtaining decent fuel is a major issue.   I
gather that there is no overall standard for Lead Replacement Petrol
(LRP), and that the different manufacturers each do their own thing.
What is the best LRP brand for our cars?   I have found Esso LRP to be
appalling, giving very uneven running and little power, whilst Jet LRP
seems to suit Carly wonderfully.   Is there anything better?   Are there
any other brands to avoid?

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:

///