Speedo Cable More Info

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo Cable More Info
From: Phillip <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 12:30:19 -0400
I have finally had some more time to work on the Spitfire yesterday.  I was
able to take a picture of the two speedometer cables that I have
side-by-side, the picture isn't very clear though.  I put it on the web
since attachments are not allowed:

http://www.knology.net/~metaz/spitfire/

There you can sort of see what the adapter for mounting the speedometer
cable to the transmission looks like.  About the only way that I can think
of to make my new cable work is to shorten the adapter that goes up into
the cable and epoxy it in place, not a very good idea since I can't pull
the cable out of the sheath then.  Any other help would be greatly
appreciated to make this work!!!!  Thanks.

Phillip
76' Spitfire

metaz76@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~metaz76