Re: Silicone Brake Fluid vs DOT4

To: Ron Deaver <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>
Subject: Re: Silicone Brake Fluid vs DOT4
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Sat, Oct 14 2000 2:57:32 GMT-0600
Silicone is the way to go!

I've had three spits and all three have had the inevitable m/c failure and Dot
4 puked all over my shoes...

Now, my clutch m/c has the silicone-(my slave had a leak, but at least it was a
clean leak!) And when the brake m/c goes-and it will-it'll get changed to
silicone too.

FWIW-my mechanic who has somthing like 25 years experience in restoration work
(Jags, Ferraris, A-M etc...) now only uses silicone in his work. Hey, if it's
good enough for an Aston Martin DB4 restored to concours, it's good enough for
me! ;-)

Welcome to the list-any friend of Vegaman Dan's...

Laura G. (1978 Spitfire 1500 named 'Nigel'-and a former Vega owner!)