RE: What's wrong with my brakes?

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What's wrong with my brakes?
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 09 Oct 2000 08:05:28 -0500
That was quick everyone!  Thanks to Craig, Patrick and Chuck who replied within
 seconds!

Universal opinion - it is my master cylinder, or possibly caliper/slave
 cylinder.  Patrick reckoned that it is more likely to be the master if I did
 not feel pulling to one side - no, Daffy still stops straight and true (when
 she stops at all).

New master cylinder 65 quid, re-build kit 4.25, so I would obviously like to go
 for the latter.  Never done a re-build before - how long will it take?  Can I
 do it in an evening?  Any special tips?  Anything I should look for that will
 tell me that I should really replace, not re-build?  Given that this seems to
 have come on reasonably suddenly, does this make it more or less likely that
 the M/C is un-repairable?

Thanks again,

Richard & Daffy (unstoppable projectile)