Re: where in the UK to get Parts-thanks and update

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: where in the UK to get Parts-thanks and update
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:15:33 -0700
Many thanks to Richard Gosling, Alan, Jonathon Miles, and Robert Gunther.
I've just placed an order with Quiller Triumph because: they had an e-mail
address, and they responded to my e-mail enquiry. With the 8 hour time
difference, I sent the enquiry at 9:45 AM on Thursday, got their response
that evening (early Friday morning their time). They use Steelcraft panels,
which listers advise are good quality. Their prices are slightly higher than
TRGB, but less than Rimmers.
Now I have to wait until near the end of October for my Dad to bring the
panels over.

In the meantime I'm going to switch my 78 from thermostatic clutch fan to a
fixed (older) style that I have lying around. Coolant is leaking where the
water pump housing meets the cylinder head, and there are un-happy noises
coming from the front of the engine. I hope this solves it. Any things to
beware in this swap?
Cheers
Nick Moseley
78 Spit - enjoyed daily in the summer, impending water pump replacement
78 Spit - awaiting chassis transplant
76 Spit - awaiting repair panels
Delta B.C. Canada