Driving season is over

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving season is over
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:05:13 -0500
Greetings, fellow listers!

Well, my driving season ended yesterday with rather loud clattering and an
almost total lack of oil pressure.  I managed to get the Spit out of the way
(I had been in the left of 3 lanes doing about 65) and coasted up an exit
ramp.  I pushed the car around onto a side street and called for the hook.
The good news is no holes and no large puddles of oil.  The engine will run,
it just sounds like a rock crusher.  I'm not sure if I lost the oil pump
first, or if a bearing went and eliminated the resistance needed for a
pressure reading.  Suffice it to say that one of my new winter projects is
an engine rebuild.  I'll definitely be looking for advice from the list as
the process goes on.  But that will wait for a while.

BillG
'74 Spitfire (the rodless wonder)
'71 GT6