Thermo switch for Electric Fan conversion - recommendations?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, lubbers@sympatico.ca
Subject: Thermo switch for Electric Fan conversion - recommendations?
From: "Gary Kristjansson" <kristjag@EM.AGR.CA>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:18:50 -0400
Hi Len,

Victoria British sells an adjustable fan thermostat which works great!

Cheers,

Gary

>>> "L&B Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca> 09/27 7:57 am >>>

Hi all

I just spent the evening researching the archives so that I would not have
to bother you with this question.  Unfortunately, I can't find the answer I
want.

I am replacing the viscous coupling fan with an electric front-of-the-rad
mounted fan.  I picked up a BMW fan at the wreckers on the weekend.

I do not want to go the route of manually switching the fan as it appears
many have.

For those who have done this conversion and used a thermo switch, what kind
of switch did you use?  Where did you get it?  Cost? What temperature?  As
my thermostat is 190 F, I presume something under that temp is appropriate?

TIA

Len Lubbers
Ottawa, Ontario
'79 Spitfire