Re: Seats

To: BillG <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Seats
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:59:41 -0700
Bill,
Yes, that is a common ailment.  I repaired my driver's seat by brazing a
supporting piece inside the broken channel.  It was not
particularly difficult and has been working ok for over 3 years now.

I think that what happens is the reclining latch gets corroded and finally
won't release forcing the operator to apply more force on
the back than it will handle.  It bends and after a while ends up breaking.

Regards,
Joe