Trunk Floor

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunk Floor
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:38:06 -0400
Hello,

My car (MK IV) got rear-ended many years ago during the tenure of some PO.
The trunk floor got cracked and buckled in several places, and the
cheapo repairs done at the time are starting to show their weaknesses.

Has anyone ever replaced a trunk floor?  (I mean the flat forward
part, not the curved valence.) It looks relatively easy, since the
seams are accessable, and the fit and finish is not so much of an issue.

A couple of parts vendors list a replacement panel.  Is it
really available?  Is it any good?

Thanks in advance,

Doug Braun