Top frames

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Top frames
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:37:53 -0400
Besides the convertible top cover is there any difference in the top frames
on a Mk3 and a 1500 Spitfire? I am using the frame off of my 1500 parts car
now but I would like to have the option of putting my hard top on in the
winter. When I rebuilt my 67 MK2 I used the side soft top mounting plates
from the 1500, modified the hard top mounting holes and changed the side
windows so the 1500 soft top works on my 67 Mk2. I need to get a new soft
top anyway and would like to convert back to the Mk3 style. so basically
what I'm asking is will a Mk3 soft top fit on a 1500 style frame or do I go
on using the 1500 soft top on my Mk2?

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg, Va.
67 Spitfire Mk II