Vic British quality?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Vic British quality?
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 10:00:11 -0600
Well, I guess its my turn.  I just got my second Vic British parts
order. First order was great, but this one has me wondering.  It was
sent as ordered, but for example:

Rear Stop/Tail Lamp Gasket 0-521 is shown in the catalogue as a moulded
rubber part (although now where does it specify what it IS made of) like
the original.  What arrived was one of those die-cut spongy foam pieces
that is already compressed just from shipping.

Door/Window Weather Strip -fuzzy -OEM 10-990.  This piece is very
different to one I received from TRF, (and originals) in that the metal
strip is not chromed (or at least shiny) at the top edge where it
shows.  It looks like cadmium plating.  It is 6" too long, and does not
have the end notches cut and rounded, as original (or TRF) parts do.

Strangely, they also list a strip -repro at nearly 3 times the price of
the original!  Did I buy the wrong one?

Outside Door Handle Gasket 9-818 looks too thick and hard to compress
int place when the handle is fitted.  Again, doesn't look like the
previous parts I've bought elsewhere.  Does it compress to fit?

Before I let Vic Brit know my thoughts, any comments any of you have on
these parts in particular.

Please, no company bashing and flaming, just comments on these two
parts.
Cheers, Fred
--

Fred & Wendy Griffiths,