Re: Transmission switches

To: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: Transmission switches
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:21:07 -0400
Thai's exactly what it is.  Of  hand I don't remember the model years but
many variations on seat belt and neutral gear startup interlocks were
implemented over the years. If your key buzzer still works, chances are you'll
find someone has shorted past this interlock switch if you don't have to
put it in neutral to start it.

The end of this interlock switch (mounted on top the tranny up front) , inside
the
tranny that contacts the notch in one of the shift rods, is very prone to wear.
When the car would no longer start (even in neutral) many mechanics would simply
modify the wiring.

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com