Re: SU carb question

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, stu bollen <bollen@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: SU carb question
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 10:59:48 -0400
I think the exact fuel level is not critical on a SU carb.
The fuel flow is controlled mostly by the suction from the venturi.
The change in pressure caused by a 1/4" change in fuel level
is certainly much less then the venturi suction.

The venturi suction is strong enough to lift the piston
against the spring, so it would certainly be strong enough to
suck the fuel up several inches, if it had to...

Doug braun