Re: Voltage regulator problems?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, <WyzeGuy555@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Voltage regulator problems?
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:56:43 -0400
At 10:30 PM 05/18/00 -0700, Jeff McNeal wrote:

>Awhile ago, I ran a power lead from the radio directly to the battery.
>Fired up the engine, revved to about 3,000 RPM and both the radio and CD
>changer performed admirably.

Jeff,

The battery hookup is actually the preferred way to run your stereo system
(as long as it's properly fused of course). The battery acts as a big
capacitor, smoothing out the voltage and current variations that the audio
components demand.

The autosound enthusiasts often add extra batteries to their high-powered
car systems to prevent just the problems you saw.

Enjoy the tunes,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (very basic sound system, largely consisting of engine noises
and suspension creaks)
Succasunna, NJ USA