Re: carb floats

To: "Tom Sivertsen" <siv@education.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Re: carb floats
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:17:19 +0100
Hi Tom
Yes I meant the tank pickup, I very much doubt if it is the float valves
causing a restriction, Does the car have any problem with continued full
throttle situations, accelerate 20mph to 70mph in top gear, as this would
put a greater demand for fuel than steady throttle through a long left
hander, also I think that would show up on long right handers if that were
the problem. I also think that the Idea of the floats swinging is fairly
remote as the pump should be delivering (for a standard mechanical pump)at
around the 5-7 psi mark, this would easily be sufficient to overcome any
centrifugal forces that would be applied to the floats. They are designed to
be able to cope with centrifugal forces! So check the fuel pump is in good
shape or if you have one of those fuel delivery valves try turning it up a
bit.

Graham.