Re: Lead susbstitute tip

To: "shall" <shall@mail.fastpointcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Lead susbstitute tip
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:08:42 -0700
Sure, Steve!  It also gives me the opportunity to correct a mistake I made.
A quart of this stuff does NOT treat 250 gallons of gas.  I'm afraid that I
was way off...

It actually treats 320 gallons!!

It's called CD-2 super concentrated lead substitute and again, Wal-Mart
sells the stuff.  The label reads:

"For use in engines requiring leaded or unleaded fuel.  For off road use
only.  Concentrated formula provides a protective coating, preventing
metal-to-metal contact that can cause serious wear and damage to exhaust
valves and seats, cylinder heads and valve trains."

Of course, NFI, but I was really pleased to find this stuff.  If it does
what it's supposed to, then it's a great thing for LBC owners concerned with
unleaded fuel to carry around and use.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!