RE: RE: Fire extinguishers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RE: Fire extinguishers
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:06:19 -0600
Many years ago, when I was still a professional mechanic, I was working inside
a van when a fuel leak started a fire on top of the engine.  Calmly (yeah
right!) I got the fire extinguisher from the wall and proceeded to fill the
inside of the van with that powder.  It put out the fire all right, but after
I started breathing again and my pulse got below 150, I noticed this acrid
smelling, fine yellow powder all over the engine, front seats, dash, carpet,
ect..   Spent the next several hours vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing and
everything else I could come up with to get that powder cleaned up.  When I
was done, you couldn't tell that there had been a 3-foot flame on top of the
engine.

I was missing a large part of my moustache and one eyebrow though.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
'80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'