back-up switch

To: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: back-up switch
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:41:05 -0700
I've got the opposite problem Jeff has.  I got a rebuilt trans awhile ago
and it has the hole for the reverse light switch.  My car is a MK1 and I
don't need it.  I can't find anything to plug the hole with, anyone know
what size and thread it is? If all else fails I'm going to JB weld a short
bolt in there.
On the lighter side, I'm getting better at pulling and replacing the trans
in a Spit.  Less than 2 hours from the time I started to pull the radio
until the time I was driving the car again with the new trans, although I
didn't install the tunnel cover yet.   The new trans works perfectly, no
more grinds.  I just put a piece of duct tape over the hole until I can find
a plug for it.
Tomorrow, full front suspension rebuild.
MikeC