RE: N.A. Spitfire Club

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: N.A. Spitfire Club
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:34:25 -0500
Here in Columbus, Ohio we also have a 94th Aero Squadron restaurant.  It is
the perfect restaurant for a gathering of Spits.

I think once we get a better idea of where everyone is located, we can
explore club gatherings on a more realistic basis.  We can propose a time
and place and see how many would attend.  No doubt, there would be several
gatherings to accommodate people from differing locales.  I see these as
being informal with not necessarily a detailed agenda, but the group could
design their own agenda once the times and location were worked out.  Right
now the main thing is to get your info to Patrick's website (
http://www.jacksonville.net/~spitfires ) to establish a membership base.
(I'm going to find my lengthy Spitfire life-story to send later today).
As far as the VTR, I see no conflict...they serve a different function from
what I see this club being.  AND there are plenty of TR6 clubs, and TR3
clubs, devoted to their particular model.  I should think the VTR would give
us a thumbs up and a hearty  "Cheerio!".     Let's keep moving, we can work
it out.

Terry Banbury
Mk III   (Many thanks to all of you who have gotten behind this idea)