Re: Rear Brakes Again :(

To: AH1962SP@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes Again :(
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:18:22 -0500 (EST)
patrick,

I went through this same thing.  be _sure_ that everything is adjusted,
backed off, etc.  I spent 2 hours cursing whoever relined my shoes, only
to finally notice I had some play left in the adjuster screw.  made all
the difference in the world.

that said, if it _is_ the pads, attack the metal on the shoe where it
meets the screw, not the lining itself.  quicker, and the shoes last
longer.  dunno if it's recommended by the reliner, but I've done it on
motorcycles before.

scott