Tires size on a Spit

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires size on a Spit
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:12:54 -0600
One more thing that I can think off, but it would be very unlikely:

Check the number of turns it takes to go from center to lock, both directions.
Is it the same?  If you can turn it farther one way than the other, either the
steering rack is messed up, or the tie-rods have been replaced with one going
on a lot further than the other.  For a vehicle with a steering sector rather
than rack and pinion, this happens when the steering gear sector shaft gets
twisted from impact.  I don't think the same thing could happen to rack and
pinion, but it's easy to check.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
> '80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'