Re: Brake bleeders

To: tom popkes <tpopkes@cgocable.net>
Subject: Re: Brake bleeders
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:39:17 -0600
Tom
    I have a mityvac with Vacuum gauge attached . It did an incredible job on
my 68 chevy C10 brakes. They are non power and after I got done bleeding them,
they were hard as a rock. It also pulled out all the old fluid. I waited till I
got fresh coming through the mityvac.   One note :  if you pull vacuum on the
bleeders, wrap teflon tape around them. this will prevent air from being pulled
through the threads.

I also use my Mity vac to check vacuum parts.  I recently tested some parts on
my van. and found some bad ones. Its one of those engines that you can not see
because of all the vaccuum lines.

So the Mityvac not only bleeds brakes, it can help diagnose vcacuum line
problems,
like say checking to see if the vacuum advance works on your distributor.

Pat
63 Spitfire
76 Spitfire
68 Chevy C10