RE: Nitrous Oxide

To: spitlist@gte.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Nitrous Oxide
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:23:09 -0800
Interesting gadget.  It still reminds me of some of the gimmicks and gadgets
J.C. Whitney used to advertise only this item is somewhat more high tech and
rather expensive.  However, from the photographs and description it looks a
lot like just a microprocessor and sensors controlling a high CFM fan
mounted in the air duct to the air cleaner.  Certainly not worth any where
near the $375 (US) that they are asking for it.  Although this does give me
the idea to design and develop something similar and try it in my Spitfire
or Z-28.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)