Re: Switching to DOT 5

To: jmcneal@ohms.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Switching to DOT 5
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:47:30 EST
Hi Jeff,
If you change to silicone flush all the lines first with mineral spirits.
Replace every single brake seal.  There is no way to know what size MC,
caliper, or rear wheel cyl you have until you find the part number or measure
it.  People switch these around all the time.
I hear you are looking for an original Triumph radio.  I have one out of a
mk3 that has the little Triumph shield on the glass tuning window.  It is a
switchable positive to negative ground AND HAS THE KNOBS.  I normally
wouldn't consider trading this, but you may have something I need that I
can't find.  If you don't plan on using your hardtop, I need the seals that
go around the window openings and keep drafts out of the window.  They are
very spongy.  If yours are in good shape and you could do without them, I
could do without the radio.
Good luck on your project,
Bill