Re: using a Uhaul trailer

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: using a Uhaul trailer
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:29:29 -0600
I have used a dolly on several occasions. More times than I should
relate.  They
worked fine for  what I did -  towing cars for usually less than 10 - 15
miles
(twice around 30).  Just make sure you take the brakes off,  take it out
of
gear, strap it down tight.  If the car doesn't run at all, try to get a
dolly
that has a winch or rent one to pull the car up on the dolly.

Also, don't back up with the car on the dolly - it is a good way to rip
up the
front suspension.

Roger Elliott